The Shipping Supervisor is responsible for leading the Shipping Department for product shipments to individual US consumers, domestic and international distributors and regional/national retail chains. This is a hands on position that includes direct supervision responsibilities.
- Direct and oversee and execute daily logistics activities; establishes short term priorities and address issues in a timely manner .
- Supervision of the shipping staff, including staffing levels, training, scheduling, performance management and employee relations.
- Understand and monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Ensures shipments conform to national retailer packing and labeling requirements for chains such as Amazon, Best Buy, etc. eliminating vendor shipping penalties.
- Verify products are ready to be shipped, including supporting paperwork.
- Assemble orders and prepare goods for shipment. Record shipment data, including weight, charges, and space availability.
- Pack items according to purchase orders, weighs boxes as needed and then prepares boxes for shipment.
- Process shipments using PC based shipping software (i.e. UPS, and FedEx), affix shipping labels and any necessary paperwork for outgoing orders.
- Place shipping information including weights and charges from the printed sticker generated by the UPS and FedEx systems on packing lists for the invoicing process.
- Responsible for completing all international and freight shipping tasks. This includes: packing, palletizing, scheduling pickups, and coordinating shipments using PC based software.
- Responsible for the accurate completion of all necessary paperwork associated with freight and international shipments.
- Improve shipping efficiency and accuracy, reduced product damage, and improve freight performance.
- Standardize and document processes.
- Create, implement and maintain processes and policies that will enable safe, efficient warehousing and loading activity.
- Manage logistics practices that will optimize the company’s logistics spend.
- Coordinate and communicate logistics-related activity with other departments.
- Initiate continuous improvement programs focusing on cost reduction, service improvement, and capacity management.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and experience in international shipping processes and regulations, including import and export requirements for bulk product shipments.
- Logistics/shipping experience with national retail chains and e-commerce resellers such as Amazon.
- Ability to clearly delegate assignments and broadly share responsibility/accountability; Must be organized, detail oriented, and able to follow written procedures.
- Experience optimizing packaging and container freight.
- Must have experience driving a fork lift.
- Must have good computer skills with experience in online shipping software, database entry and QuickBooks desired.
- Experience leading a team with direct report responsibility.
- The ideal candidate must have strong time management, problem solving, interpersonal, and organizational skills, and utilize these skills in a demanding, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multi-task and handle multiple priorities with very little notice.
- Articulate written and oral communication; ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations to a wide range of audiences.
- BA degree or equivalent business experience required
- 5 years’ experience in a transportation, warehouse environment preferred
- Minimum of two year’s supervisory experience required
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com