Under the general direction of the Director of Supply Chain, the Planner/Buyer will proactively analyze and interpret information for planning systems. Effectively plan manufacturing builds and shipments to meet customer needs, minimize inventory, and minimize interruptions to production. NPI buying for new products.
- Create Master Production Schedule based on sales forecasts, new product schedules and capacity constraints
- Create daily build plans based on customer needs and material availability
- Create new product prototype and ramp schedules based on material availability, product development and process development
- Provide product availability commitments for new and current products
- Manage internal spreadsheet MRP tool, provide inputs to it, and take/drive actions based on its output
- Manage demand/supply spreadsheets of critical long lead-time components (e.g., sensors, lenses, etc.)
- Work with New Product teams to develop effective product launch plans.
- Purchase inventory and tooling for new products
- Qualify new suppliers required for new products
- Negotiate with suppliers to achieve fastest delivery, and lowest total cost for NPI parts purchased
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to quickly and accurately generate action requirements based on Planning System outputs
- Must have a well-developed understanding of the importance of BOM and data integrity within the ERP environment
- Excellent Spreadsheet skills required
- Understanding of MRP techniques, principles and concepts required
- Excellent communications skills required with the ability to communicate appropriately with all levels
- Must be a self-starter, self-managed, an effective team player and possess excellent analytical / problem solving skills
- Must have the ability to handle complex problems, make sound decisions and work independently under the pressure of a heavy workload with significant time restrictions
- Needs good understanding of the manufacturing process (from raw materials to finished product), sound accounting principles, and inventory control processes
- Work experience with Lean Manufacturing strongly preferred
- Must have a strong attention to detail and organizational skills to ensure accuracy and timeliness of planning and purchasing actions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 2 to 4 years of Planning in a manufacturing environment required
- Minimum 1 year of NPI buying experience required
- APICS certification preferred Work experience with Lean Manufacturing strongly preferred.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org