Under the general direction of the COO/Vice President of Operations, the Manufacturing Manager leads the Santa Barbara facility, manufacturing activities, for thermal camera production, to achieve world-class quality, delivery and cost. This is a hands on position.
- Recruit, train, lead and supervise a team of 20-40 assemblers, testers and technicians in our onsite production facility.
- Achieve daily production goals within labor budgets and quality standards
- Working with manufacturing engineering, continuously improve the production processes
- Manage the reverse logistics process once RMA’s are received from end customers. Oversee the analysis, rework/repair of failed RMA’s and return to end user
- Solve problems related to production to minimize costs and delays
- Develop and implement operating methods and procedures designed to ensure quality and improve yield
- Promote and ensure a safe working environment in compliance with all Seek Thermal and governmental safety standards and regulations.
- Advance lean manufacturing initiatives (e.g., identify and eliminate waste, manage flow cells, kaizen, etc.)
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis and issue corrective actions to prevent the reoccurrence of issues affecting manufacturing performance
- Responsible for field failure rate, cost (labor productivity & scrap) and output linearity
- Continuously improve manufacturing processes through use of lean manufacturing principles and productivity measurements with evaluating, re-organizing, implementation new process techniques, equipment, and organizational structure.
- Maintain a safe, clean, ESD compliant and organized manufacturing environment, while ensuring compliance with all safety requirements.
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Proven supervisory, managerial and leadership skills to lead and motivate a large production team required.
- Must be skilled at hiring, assessing and evaluating staff members to ensure a high level of productivity and a team of production employees that are consistent with our culture and core values.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles required
- Experience in camera production, infrared imaging, microelectronics assembly and automation highly desired
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong working knowledge of Windows applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) required
- Knowledge of ISO certification systems preferred
- Excellent team building and employee development skills required
- Demonstrated ability to align cross functional organizations to meet organizational objectives required
- This is a hands on position and requires working closely with all production and support staff
- BA/BS degree in a technical field preferred
- 10 years in a managerial position leading production teams in a high volume electronics production environment
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org