Director of Manufacturing
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Operations, the Director of Manufacturing/Value Stream Manager will lead the operations activities for thermal camera production, to achieve world-class quality, delivery and on-target productivity/performance.
- Recruit, train and lead a team of assemblers, testers and technicians
- Utilize labor to achieve daily production goals within labor budgets
- Own the production & outbound logistics processes, continuously improving them (with support from engineering)
- Manage the reverse logistics process once RMA’s are received from end customers. Oversee the analysis, rework/repair of failed RMA’s and return to end user
- Work as a member of a cross-functional team including Operations, Sales, Manufacturing, Engineering, purchasing to set strategy, commercialize, and optimize new product and process opportunities
- Solve problems related to production and operations to minimize costs and delays
- Assure optimum utilization of equipment, raw materials and labor
- Plan and direct production activities and establish production priorities (build plan) for products in keeping with effective operations and direct labor standards
- Develop and implement operating methods and procedures designed to ensure quality and improve yield
- Promote a safe working environment in compliance with all Seek Thermal and governmental safety standards and regulations.
- Identify and eliminate muda
- Implement and manage flow cells
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis and issue corrective actions to prevent the reoccurrence of issues affecting manufacturing performance
- Will be responsible for measuring Field failure rate, Cost (labor productivity, variances & scrap) and Output linearity
- Fosters Innovation and Continuous Improvement by leading and driving the continuous improvement activities within manufacturing
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Proven managerial skills to effectively lead and motivate a large production team
- Continuously improve manufacturing processes through use of lean manufacturing principles and productivity measurements with evaluating, re-organizing, implementation new process techniques, equipment, and organizational structure.
- Maintain a safe, clean, ESD compliant and organized manufacturing environment, while ensuring compliance with all safety requirements.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma Lean manufacturing principals required
- Experience in camera production, infrared imaging, microelectronics assemble and automation highly desired
- Previous experience in implementing Lean Manufacturing principles including 5S, OEE, VSM, Standard Work, etc.
- Ability to provide leadership on implementation of Manufacturing / ERP systems
- Strong leadership and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Windows applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of ISO certification systems preferred
- Excellent team building and employee development skills
- Demonstrated ability to align cross functional organizations to meet organizational objectives
- BA/BS degree in Business, a technical field
- 10 years in a managerial position leading production teams in a high volume electronics production environment
Work environment is in a normal office environment and also includes manufacturing facility with moderate noise level. The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, and use the hands to handle, finger, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Occasionally, the employee must crouch or kneel. Successful performance requires specific vision abilities that include close vision and extensive work at a desk and computer. The employee must regularly exert or lift up to 25 pounds of materials. Some business travel is required.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com