SR. UX/UI DESIGNER
We're seeking a Sr. UX/UI designer with mobile Interaction design roots to effectively help Seek Thermal execute on our mobile applications as a contract, part-time role. As our UX/UI Designer (or UX/UI Engineer), you'll help us create mobile visual designs, user interfaces, and interaction flows. This position will collaborate with product management, marketing, customer analytics, and engineering teams to develop the design deliverables that move our mobile user interface to the next level. This role can be remote; however, travel to Santa Barbara to interface at key project periods is required.
- Develop workflows, user task analysis, interaction flows, wireframes, low fidelity mock-ups, navigational flows, and high fidelity prototypes.
- Work closely with customers and stakeholders to design new features from the ground up.
- Develop early concept phase outputs (organizing and running idea sessions, creating mood boards, storyboarding, brainstorming, creating user scenarios and developing concept sketches).
- Create and present design solutions and strategies that bring the user story to life for a wide audience.
- Prototype rich interactive interfaces with multiple states and roles.
- Design information architecture and workflows.
- Interact with Product and Engineering.
- Advocate evidence-based design through the lean approach of build, test, learn, adjust.
- Conduct user testing and reporting on the outcomes.
- Pitch and present designs to stakeholders for sign-off.
- Create and implement dynamic style guides and design standards.
- Design consistent interfaces and experiences across multiple devices (iOS & Android).
- Work in a short cycle test and learn approach - in high-fidelity, close-to-delivery mockups.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES:
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience in designing usable software experiences in an agile, startup-like product development environment.
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates systems thinking and core skills across software applications, mobile/tablet UI and apps, touch/voice/gesture-based interaction models and personal projects.
- Solid formal academic background in Human-Computer Interaction, Design, or related field, or commensurate work experience; advanced degree a plus, but not required. Work experience most important.
- The ability to create process flows, site maps, wireframes, screen prototypes, and specification.
- The ability to quickly create working prototypes (e.g. Axure, Invision, HTML, CSS, etc) as well as general know-how/appreciation on how to conduct usability test.
- The ability to bring together design artifacts to communicate the story.
- Knowledge of common design patterns and best practices for mobile and tablet applications.
- Excellent communication, urgency, and attention to details.
November 1st - December 20th
Santa Barbara, CA, or travel required a few days a week.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com