Reporting to the VP Finance, the candidate will apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. Front line responsibility for preparation of financial statements in conformity with US GAAP. Responsible for G/L, Cost Accounting, A/P, A/R, Credit & Collections and Payroll.
- Manage timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year end closes
- Prepare G/L reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts
- Manage fixed asset and depreciation register
- Prepare regular monthly journal entries
- Prepare trended income statements and plan to actual variance analysis
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed
- Manage annual external financial statement audit
- Preparation of financial information and footnote disclosures
- Preparation of schedules as requested by auditors
- Responsible for cash management and weekly cash forecasting
- Provide data and coordinate preparation of federal and state tax returns with external tax resource
- Prepare and file all sales tax, property tax and other local returns
- Key team member to drive transition from Quickbooks to a new ERP system
- Management Role
- Provide leadership and accomplish duties above through hands-on application and management of staff
- Engage staff in a manner that allows staff to continue to grow and mature with the company needs and opportunities
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- The candidate should have the desire to be a part of a high-performance culture, have domestic and international finance experience, experience in manufacturing cost accounting, possess excellent leadership/managerial skills and be open to professional growth.
- Work habits should include:
- Plan and organize workload efficiently to meet deadlines
- Accurate, detail oriented, able to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively work with internal and external partners
- Act as a change agent in implementing improvements in current transactional and closing processes
QUALIFICATIONS: (Education and experience)
- Bachelor’s degree from four year college/university, and 5-10 years of related experience.
- MBA, CPA, CPA candidate or experience in a CPA firm environment strongly preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with inventory is a must.
- Experience transitioning to a new ERP system and with Quickbooks preferred.
- Experience with international entities and consolidation preferred.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com